Are you interested in joining a new neonatology group and work in a slower pace level III NICU? If so, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (956) 299-3727. Salary range is: $120,000.00 - $165,000.00 per year. A retention bonus of $3,000 is offered after completion of 90 days working for NeoKids. Interviewing and application process is confidential. We also have PRN positions available. Healthcare insurance provided. Retirement plan options will be available once we receive more information from the Louisiana insurance agent.
Neokids LLC is looking for positive minded and passionate advanced providers to care for high-risk infants at the greater Baton Rouge area. This is a full-time NNP/PA position requiring 24 hours in house calls at a small level 3 NICU caring for infants with gestational age as low as 23 weeks. Average daily census 6-7 patients. Hospital averages approximately 800 deliveries/year. Expected start date: November 1st, 2023.
Writing neonatal TPNs and mastering common NICU procedures such as intubations, PICC, and umbilical lines are a must. Soft skills such as flexibility, independent thinking and being a team player are a plus.
New graduates from NNP schools and Physician Assistant with previous NICU experience are welcomed to apply.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, please contact us at:
email@example.com or call (956) 299-3727
- Daily rounds with neonatologist.
- Perform physical examinations of premature infants and write H&Ps, progress notes and discharge summaries.
- Intubate preemies, placement of PICC and umbilical lines in infants.
- Attend C-Sections and high-risk deliveries.
- Perform pre-natal consults.
- Order appropriate laboratory diagnostic tests and x-rays.
- Determine and initiate appropriate treatment plans.
- Prescribe medications and write neonatal TPNs.
- Must be proficient in electronic medical records.
- Graduate degree from an accredited Neonatal Nurse Practitioner school. Will accept new NNP graduates or PAs with previous NICU experience.
- New grads of Neonatal Nurse Practitioner school are welcome to apply
- Must be able to obtain a license to practice as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant in the state of Louisiana.
- Must be able to get hospital privileges and prescriptive rights.
- Compassionate and personable are desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and other medical staff.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and leadership skills are a plus.
- Full time position
- Average daily census 6-7 patients
- Level III NICU
- 24 hours in-house shifts rotation shared among 4 providers.
- 92 (24 hours in-house) shifts/year
- Work is based in just one hospital only.
- Pay: $120,000.00 - $165,000.00 per year
- Retention bonus of $3,000 after completion of 90 days of work with NeoKids
- Health insurance
- Certified Nurse Practitioner license or Physician Assistant (Required)
- Louisiana: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- If you are a PA or a non-neonatal NP, do you have any experience working in the NICU setting?
- NRP Certification