Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a FLEX (0.15 FTE) Lactation Consultant to join our MotherBaby team.
Unit/Position Summary As a registered nurse on the Mother/Baby Unit you will be able to care for newborns and their mother. This unit consists of 32 beds for mothers and 40 beds for babies. A fast paced environment that provides the opportunity to have an impact on new babies and their family. If you enjoy the educational side of the nurse/patient relationship, Mother/Baby may be a great fit for you!
- Assesses patient's needs, diagnoses lactation problems, plans and implements intervention, and evaluates outcomes.
- Conducts prenatal breastfeeding classes and evaluates educational outcomes.
- Provides outpatient care, consultation and home visits for families experiencing breastfeeding difficulties.
- Serves as consultant for physicians and other healthcare providers concerning lactation as it relates to patient's health problems.
- Develops and leads classes on breastfeeding for new and expectant parents.
- Meets with new mothers to assess interest in breastfeeding. Identifies issues and offers suggestions or corrections.
- May perform home visits.
- Specializes in consulting staff and patients on proper breastfeeding techniques.
- Handles complex issues and problems.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's of Nursing Degree
- Experience: 2 year's clinical experience
- Current RN License from the State of Practice
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBLCE)
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
As the only Idaho-based, not-for-profit health system, St. Luke's Health System is dedicated to our mission "to improve the health of people in our region."
Why St. Luke's:
- Five-time Magnet Designation for Nursing Excellence
- Named one of the top 15 Health Systems in the U.S. for the 9th consecutive year
- Locally owned, not-for-profit, and driven by a strong sense of purpose
- Luke's Children's Hospital, Idaho's only children's hospital, has been recognized for the first time as a Level 2 Pediatric Trauma care facility by the American College of Surgeons. The achievement recognizes St. Luke's pediatric trauma center's dedication and delivery of excellence in caring for injured pediatric patients in Idaho
- SLHS named one the best hospitals for maternity care
Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Medical/Dental/Vision - Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Retirement plans (403b) - No vesting period!
- Paid time off (Vacation, holidays and short term disability)
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Air St. Luke's
- Healthy U wellness plan
- Tuition/Certification Reimbursement & Scholarships
- Adoption Reimbursement
- and many more....
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.