Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
16 hours weekly
Monday-Friday days, rotating Saturdays
$2,000 Sign on bonus [taxable] available
Assist in assessing, planning, and delivering care to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse and or Provider to provide basic bedside care within prescribed limitations for hospital patients of all ages.
- Assist in the collection of patient data for analysis by an RN or Provider
- Observes patient and reports any unusual conditions to professional staff
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments
- Performs routine laboratory testing
- Provides education and information to patients and family members
- Participates in the departmental orientation of new employees in a positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides guidance when assigned
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times
- Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by JCAHO
- Performs other assigned task to promote efficient practice operation and contribute to the provision of quality patient care
- Other duties assigned
- Excellent customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) preferred
- EPIC or similar EMR software preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Previous Physician Office experience preferred
- Ability to perform Phlebotomy preferred
Education and Experience
- Education: Graduate from an accredited practical or vocational nursing program. Current Ohio License as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Certification: BLS (through American Heart Association AHA).
- Years of experience: Minimum 1 year of related nursing experience preferred
- Years of experience supervising: N/A
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: