Location: MURRIETA, California
Join our SWH Team of Professionals!
SWH consists of two acute-care hospitals: Rancho Springs Hospital and Inland Valley Hospital.
Inland Valley Hospital
A 122 bed acute care hospital which features the regions only Level II Trauma Unit and is the county-designated Paramedical Base station and Southwest Riverside County's only Center of Excellence in Weight Loss Surgery.
Rancho Springs Hospital
A 120 bed acute care hospital which includes the region's largest birthing center along with the area's only NICU in combination with Rady Children's Hospital and the region's first da Vinci Robotic Surgical Program.
As a staff member providing support expertise you will be responsible for providing excellence in patient care and customer service by sharing your talent in your chosen field. Staff will also practice in accordance with all regulatory, professional, legal and hospital policies as well as consistently demonstrate behaviors that model the SWH Core Values and the hospitals mission statement.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
About Universal Health Services
One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance, growing since its inception into a Fortune 500 corporation. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees. Through its subsidiaries, UHS operates 28 acute care hospitals, 335 behavioral health facilities, 40 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points in 39 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
Pay Transparency - To encourage pay transparency, promote pay equity, and proactively address regulations, UHS and all our subsidiaries will comply with all applicable state or local laws or regulations which require employers to provide wage or salary range information to job applicants and employees. A posted salary range applies to the current job posting. Salary offers may be based on key factors such as education and related experience.
Corporate Human Resources Qualifications
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands the role of performance improvement in daily operations of the hospital.
- Works collaboratively with various members of the interdisciplinary team, including physician and nursing leaders to identify other opportunities for improvements in patient/clinical care.
- Uses change management principles and project management methods to support operational and clinical quality initiatives.
- Leverages health data analytics to help guide data driven decision making and informed quality improvement initiatives.
- Coordinates the evaluating, monitoring and improving of compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Participates in processes to prepare for and follow up on regulatory, accreditation and certification surveys.
- Coordinates and/or attends various interdisciplinary department and committee meetings (i.e. Medical Staff Committee meetings, Quality Council, Peer Review forums).
- Conducts concurrent and retrospective reviews of the medical records for identification of performance improvement opportunities.
- Oversees daily management of the individual record peer review process for medical staff divisions/departments as assigned by the Director.
- Reviews and updates policies and procedures that fall within the responsibility of Quality Management.
- Serves as a resource to others for quality management activities, sharing knowledge to assist in the redesign of studies or systems to improve care.
- Maintains knowledge of evidence-based practices; actively seeks out learning opportunities when a knowledge gap is identified.
- EDUCATION/TRAINING/ EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree from an accredited College or University in Nursing required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University in Nursing preferred.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care setting required.
- One (1) to Three (3) years of RN experience in a specialty area (ED, ICU, OR, L&D), preferred.
- If not currently working in Quality, RN experience must be within the last five years.
- Previous experience in Quality Management or Performance Improvement, .CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES:
- Previous case review or quality management experience.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality, preferred.