Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
Practitioner - Neonatal Nurse Practitioner# of Openings:
Advanced Practice Provider
Pediatrix Neonatology of Houston, an affiliate of Pediatrix Medical group,
is seeking outstanding NNPs to join our growing practice at
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas in Houston, Texas.
We are looking for experienced NNPs who want to be a part of an exciting, growing group of 15 NNPs and 24 Neonatologists. Exceptional new graduates will be considered. Join the largest delivery service in Houston!
- 146 Level IV NICU with an average daily census of over 100 patients
- Over 11,000 deliveries per year; 2,000 NICU admissions per year, 300+ of which are VLBW
- Strong, NNP-led Leadership Team
- Robust high-risk perinatal navigation program
- Full complement of pediatric sub-specialists including in house pediatric surgery and cardiology; hematology, plastics, urology and nephrology
- NNPs are an active part of all aspects of caring for the full range of complex neonatal diagnoses
- On site ECMO, therapeutic hypothermia, BPD/micro-preemie programs, full range of ventilation therapies including HFOV and HFJV
- Active research program involved in multiple active clinical trials and multi-site collaborations
- Opportunity to be a part of NNP led transport team (air and ground). Transport duties not required.
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas, located in the heart of Houston, is the first facility in Texas dedicated solely to the care of women and children. The hospital is a member of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive care provider in the region. Level IV maternal designation equipped to provide comprehensive care for pregnant and postpartum patients from low-risk conditions to the most complex obstetrical conditions that present a high risk. Additionally, the hospital has the area’s only March of Dimes NICU Family Support program.
Proclaimed as the nation's fourth-largest city, Houston is a vibrant metropolis. When it comes to entertainment and recreation, Houston has much to offer, to include professional sports teams, theater and museum districts, hundreds of clubs and live music venues. The largest mall in Texas, The Galleria, is a shopper's paradise. Houston's sunny climate makes it easy to enjoy the city's municipal parks, jogging paths, and bike trails. Less than an hour away are piney woods, area lakes, Galveston Bay, and sunny Gulf Coast beaches that offer an abundance of activities. Boasting more than 100 different nationalities, Houston is one of the country's most diverse cities.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Effective November 1st, 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
*Must have a minimum of a Master's Degree in Nursing
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.