Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part Time - 56 hours - Variable
Provides direct and indirect nursing care to patients as assigned.
1. Ensures care delivered meets standards of care.
2. Implements MD orders, coordinates the patients plan of care with medical regime, therapy services and community resources to facilitate comprehensive ongoing care.
3. RN utilizes sound judgment in making independent nursing care decisions, utilizes the nursing process and is guided by knowledge of the principles and practice of professional nursing.
4. Skilled professionals must assume responsibility for, but not be restricted to the following: Ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient, Development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any) and caregivers, Providing services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care, Patient, caregiver, and family counseling and education, Preparing clinical notes, Communication with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care, Participation in the agency's QAPI program, and Participation in agency-sponsored in-service training.
5. Works a required number of days/month for on-call visiting nurse to ensure adequate coverage for facility - FT/PT nurses will work minimum of 8 on-call shifts per month with 4 being weekend shifts, PRN nurses will work a minimum of 4 on-call shifts per month with 1 being a weekend shift.
Education and Experience
1. Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing,
2. Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in the State of Ohio.
3. Minimum one (1) year experience in Pediatrics or Home Care required.
4. BSN preferred.
5. For new employees hired into positions posted on or after July 1, 2013- BSN required or must obtain BSN within 5 years from date of hire.
6. Current CPR certification is required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: