Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2205025645-0
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Holding Area: Pre-operatively conducts a physical and psychosocial assessment on each patient. Assures the chart is complete for surgery according to the established hospital policy and procedure.
2. Completes an immediate assessment of each patient as (s)he arrives in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit. Documents the assessment in an accurate, legible and complete manner.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of types of anesthesia and intra-operative drugs and the reaction in the post-operative patient.
4. Identifies abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's condition and communicates to appropriate individuals (i.e., charge nurse, physician, etc.).
5. Based on changing patient needs, evaluates, revises and updates patient care during the post-operative phase.
6. Identifies areas of own strengths and weakness and seeks assistance from appropriate individuals.
7. Utilizes the surgical schedule for planning for each procedure.
8. Coordinates patient care needs with team members and other appropriate departments.
9. Maintains all the necessary equipment in preparation for receiving the patient into PACU.
10. Communicates with the Operating Room nurses in preparing for the patient post-operatively.
11. Maintains a patient care environment that is clean, orderly and supports safe patient care.
12. Utilizes the Recovery Room Record to document and communicate patient information in a concise and orderly manner.
13. Performs routine skills safely according to protocol.
14. Follows anesthesia orders and completes all STAT orders as written by the surgeon and/or anesthesiologist.
15. Maintains knowledge and skills in emergency procedures for the post-operative patient.
16. Uses supplies judiciously and in a cost-effective manner.
17. Provides support to the anesthesiologist in the care of the patient.
18. Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care and status for discharge from PACU.
19. Updates and revises care to be delivered as patients' needs change.
20. Completes required reports and forms accurately.
21. Gives a thorough report to the nurse receiving the patient upon transfer out of PACU.
22. Participates in patient care Quality Assurance.
23. Point of care testing
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Masters degree)
Knowlede necessary to obtain R.N. license in the state of California and current California R.N. license. Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, and PALS certification.
**New Grad RNs and new transfers to the department have up to 90-days after date of hire/transfer to obtain BLS, ACLS, and PALS.
B. Minimum Experience: Recent acute care experience, preferably in a critical care environment desirable.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Surgical Services
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.