MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general direction of Nursing Director, facilitates and evaluates the clinical, administrative, and educational activities of personnel on assigned units for all shifts. Participates in the development of goals, policies, procedures, and budgets for the units and the department. Ensures appropriate staffing, supplies, and equipment. Coordinates all unit activities with those of other departments engaged in patient activities. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonate; Infancy; Toddler; Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops goals and plans for department in relation to hospital-wide vision and goals. Formulates policies and procedures for the department and secures appropriate approvals for implementation. Ensures efficient work flow, delineation of duties/responsibilities, efficient staffing patterns, appropriate supervision, and effective communication to staff and other departments. Participates in and supports the development of nursing care practice models for improved patient care. Evaluates the quality of patient care provided in collaboration with other members of the PI Committee and medical staff. Recommends or takes action to improve services when necessary. Resolves routine operational problems/issues. Participates in resolving operational concerns. Directs, monitors, and evaluates activities between and among assigned units and other departments.
2. Hires, evaluates, develops, disciplines, and discharges personnel, delegating such matters to supervisory personnel as appropriate. Plans staffing patterns. Assumes duties of subordinate personnel as needed. Communicates clinical, employment, administrative, and Hospital information to staff. Conducts staff meetings. Provides inservice training as necessary, and supports the teaching and learning process in the clinical setting.
3. Develops and secures approvals for a coordinated budget in the areas of responsibility. Monitors expenditures and ensures adherence to approved budget. Evaluates and recommends new equipment, techniques, and supplies. Coordinates equipment purchases, including capital items.
4. Facilitates the design and establishment of appropriate management control procedures for areas of responsibility. Prepares and maintains record, schedules, recurring and special reports, and analyses. Facilitates goal attainment for unit and takes or recommends corrective action as necessary.
5. Participates in planning of new or enhanced programs/services, including clinical, administrative, educational and physical facilities issues, Coordinates development of standards and educational programs. Participates on various hospital committees or task forces as appropriate / required.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a Masterâ��s Degree in nursing. Master's Degree preferred. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
2. A minimum of five to seven years of progressively more responsible experience in nursing, including at least two years of management experience.
1. Patient care environment. Moderate to heavy lifting; prolonged standing and walking; bending and stooping. Potential contact with blood and body fluids.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.