Licensed Practical Nurse Cardiac Telemetry Days FT
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Internal Number: 2205020451
**$5,000 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
Unit Specializes in: 4 west is a cardiac telemetry unit designated for the care of the acutely ill adult patient with a variety of diagnoses. Whether it is assisting to manage chronic illnesses or help treat acute conditions, our collaborative team lives to serve our Community and strives to provide safe, reliable, quality care. We proudly promote professional nurse advancement and offer ACLS and arrhythmia/EKG interpretation training. RN ratios of 1:5 with acuity based assignments and PCA ratio of 1:8. We do what we do because we are driven to make a difference in the patients we serve. Come help the helpers and be a part of our team!
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
The Licensed Practical Nurse is a member of the patient care services team with primary responsibilities for technical, multi-skilled direct and indirect patient care activities. The LPN is assigned to work under the supervision of a registered nurse who delegate tasks based upon patient needs and LPN skills and abilities. The registered nurse delegates medication administration per policy to the Licensed Practical Nurse.
The LPN will report all deviations from expected patient parameters to the registered nurse.
1. Collaborates and cooperates with care team members to ensure consistency and quality of care and promotes productive employee relations among staff members. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and objective of continuous improvement, team work and the mission, vision and values of the DMC.
2. Performs a variety of basic patient care activities under the direction of a registered nurse which may include, but are not limited to, performing designated respiratory procedures (e.g., aerosol treatment, cough and deep breathing exercises, meter dose inhalation treatments, tracheotomy care and pulse oximetry); maintenance locomotion (gait belt ambulation); maintenance functional activities (e.g., range of motion procedures, assisting in bed/chair repositioning; turning, placing and removing prescribed splints and transferring); specimen collection; phlebotomy; dressing changes; performing EKG's; initiation, set-up, maintenance or discontinuation of peripheral IV lines; maintain eternal tubes; urinary catheterization; suctioning; blood glucose monitoring; assisting with post mortem care; etc.
3. Assists the registered nurse by gathering data on patient conditions, direct patient observation, obtaining vital signs, recording oral intakes, monitoring input and output, weighing patients, recording/charting patient information and interacting with patient and family members. Reports changes in patient medical and/or emotional condition to the registered nurse. Documents interventions and patient responses according to policy. Assists nursing personnel in responding to various emergency patient situations.
4. Prepares and administers medications to patients per policy and procedure; observes patient response to medication; records unexpected reactions and reports them to the registered nurse.
5. Assists patient in activities of daily living by feeding, bathing, toileting and other personal hygiene regimes.
6. Assists in the training/orientation of other licensed practical nurses, associates and care team members as directed.
7. Follows all departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous improvement initiatives; safety environmental and infection control standards.
8. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient comfort and privacy and expresses interest in patient progress. Answers questions from patients and their families and explains procedures and processes within the scope of their training/abilities. Maintains confidentiality.
9. As required by unit needs, performs general clerical duties which may include, but are not limited to, answering telephones and call lights, greeting patients and visitors, maintaining departmental files, performing selected order entry and charge capture, paging professional staff, requesting prior medical records, ordering equipment, etc.
10. As required by unit needs, performs various support service duties which may include, but are not limited to, ensuring adequate stock of patient care linens and other supplies; transporting patients, specimens and/or supplies; cleaning patient rooms, bathrooms and unit common areas; making beds; removing trash; assisting patients with menu selections; passing and picking-up of trays, snacks, water and other fluids; setting-up and removing various pieces of equipment, etc.
11. Enhances personal growth through participation in workshops, educational programs, in-service meetings and reviewing current literature. Shares joint accountability (with the institution) for maintaining competencies.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Graduation from a school of practical nursing.
3. Completion of NAPNES course.
4. Licensed as a practical nurse by the state of Michigan.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Shift Begin: 7:00 AMShift End: 7:00 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.