Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time 12 Hour Shifts (7a-7p or 7p-7a) 36 Hours/Week
Summary: The Transport Nurse provides to individuals and groups, nursing care requiring specialized knowledge judgment and skill derived from the principles of biological physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences and assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for premature neonatal, pediatric and adult patients during transport in accordance with departmental standards of care and practice.
Responsibilities: 1. Provides to individuals and groups, nursing care requiring specialized knowledge, judgment and skill derived from the principles of biological physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences.
2. Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for premature neonatal, pediatric and adult patients during transport in accordance with departmental standards of care and practice.
3. Participates in the education of referral staff, patients, parents and CHMCA staff.
4. Staff may be temporarily dispatched to an area throughout the Akron Children's Hospital enterprise to task and assist, based on patient needs requiring similar knowledge and skill.
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
6. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience in critical care is required.
2. Experience in burn care is preferred
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Electronic health record software used for inpatient care and specialized electronic health record software used for transport is preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Associates Degree in Nursing [ADN] is required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing [BSN] is preferred. For employees hired after July 1, 2013, BSN is required or must be obtained within five years from date of hire.
2. Certification: Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Ohio is required. * Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart Association is required. * NRP, PALS, ACLS, and EMT-B are required prior to the completion of orientation. * Stable and PFCCS - certifications are required within one year of hire ABLS certifications are required within two years of hire. * Nursing Certification such as CCRN, CEN, CFRN, CTRN, or C-NPT is required within two years of hire.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: