LPN ACHP - New rates of pay and $2,000 sign on bonus available!
Akron Children's Hospital
Location: Lorain, Ohio
Internal Number: 8131
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
40 hours weekly
Monday-Friday days, rotating Saturdays
New rates of pay and $2,000 sign on bonus available!
Assists in assessing, planning, and delivering care to patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
1. Assists in patient/family education as well as teaching staff members within his/her own capabilities and under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
2. Performs other assigned tasks to promote efficient
3. Practice operation and contribute to the provision of quality patient care.
1. Must be able to work as part of a team and interact with people in a friendly, supportive manner at all times.
Education and Experience
1. Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Ohio.
2. Must also have completed one of the following certifications: Ohio Medication Card, OOPNES Card, NAPNES Card.
3. Must have or be able to obtain BLS certification.
4. Previous physician office experience and ability to perform phlebotomy preferred.
5. Basic computer operation required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: