RN Home Visits - Portage and Stark Counties - New Rates of Pay!
Akron Children's Hospital
Location: Canfield, Ohio
Internal Number: 7475
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Nurse-Family Partnership Program
Portage and Stark Counties
The RN Home Visitor functions in a multifaceted role that demonstrates professionalism and promotes excellence in the practice of Nursing. The RN Home Visitor is responsible for maintaining high standards in clinical practice/continuum of care, professional practice development, teamwork, customer relations, and research/performance improvement in delivering case management and support services for a designated caseload of patients. The RN Home Visitor carries out the guidelines outlined in the Nurse-Family Partnership Program.
Responsibilities: 1. Home visits will be made with this caseload of pregnant/parenting women and their children under the program research protocols.
2. The RN Home Visitor will also interact with appropriate community agencies in accordance with guidelines.
3. The RN Home Visitor is accountable for compliance with the Ohio Nurse Practice Act and all applicable regulatory standards.
4. Policies, procedures and protocols of the Human Resources Department, Children's Home Care Group and the contracting entity, and the Nurse-Family Partnership research project are followed.
5. The RN Home Visitor is accountable for compliance with all applicable regulatory standards, policies, procedures, and protocols of the Human Resources Department, Children's Home Care Group and any funding sources for the work of the department.
6. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
7. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Good communications and ease with adolescents.
2. Valid driver's license and an insured safe automobile.
Education and Experience 1. Education: BSN Required
2. Certification: Registered Nurse licensure is required. BLS certification is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: At least two years of recent experience in pediatrics or related experience required with children birth through 5 years.
4. Experience in adolescent psychology, OB, home care and community nursing preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: