Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Summary: Assists manager in the daily operations at the unit level, in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluated delivery of patient care on assigned unit and shift. Contributes to development and evaluations of assigned nursing personnel. Assists and provides nursing care utilizing specialized knowledge, judgement and skill.
Responsibilities: 1. Provides leadership and direction regarding unit goals and work environment by assisting nurse manager in his/her duties.
2. Demonstrates personal and professional accountability for self and staff.
3. Maintains unit safety for staff and patients.
4. Participates in performance improvement.
5. Participates in and supports staff recruitment and retention efforts.
6. Uses critical thinking to provide patient care management through staffing plan development, managing daily shift staffing, and delegation of resources.
7. Supports and assists within human resource management, including but not limited to coaching, time keeping, development and evaluation of nursing personnel.
8. Supports patient care and staffing needs throughout the Akron Children's Hospital enterprise.
9. Promotes a positive work environment and staff engagement.
10. Serves as a clinical resource to the interdisciplinary team.
11. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational and safety needs of the patients served.
12. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
2. Valid Ohio license.
3. Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart Association is required.
4. See the Department of Nursing Resuscitation Requirements and training policy #2102 for specific department requirements.
5. Relevant professional nursing certification, preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, BSN required.
2. Certification: May differ based on department/unit
3. Years of experience: Minimum two years relevant clinical experience with demonstrated management and leadership abilities is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: Previous charge nurse or other leadership experience is required.
5. Strong leadership skills including communication/organizational skills, time management, coping skills, motivation, problem solving, autonomy, and supporting teams is required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: