Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Sign-On Bonus Available
Summary: The nurse manager is responsible for creating safe, healthy environments that support the work of the health care team and contribute to patient engagement. The role is influential in creating a professional environment and fostering a culture where interdisciplinary team members contribute to optimal patient outcomes and grow professionally. Nurse managers are nurse leaders with 24-hour accountability and responsibility for a direct care unit or units and provide the vital link between the administrative strategic plan and the point of care.
Responsibilities : 1. Financial management related to the budget and revenue of unit.
2. Responsible for human resource management.
3. Performance improvement related to metrics, quality, patient safety, patient/staff engagement, regulatory and workplace safety requirements.
4. Responsible for technology as it relates to patient care and nursing practice.
5. Strategic leadership responsibilities include change management, collaboration, and shared decision making, in an effort to implement and align unit vision with organizational vision.
6. Human resource leadership skills including performance management, staff development, and staff retention strategies.
7. Relationship management and influencing behaviors including situation management, relationship management, influencing others, and promoting professional development.
8. Promotes diversity as it relates to staffing and patient care.
9. Personal and professional accountability.
10. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
2. Strong leadership skills including communication/organizational skills, time management, coping skills, motivation, problem solving, autonomy, and supporting the team is required.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Budgeting and electronic timekeeping software is preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Master's degree is required, MSN is preferred
2. Certification: Valid RN license and Basic Life Support are required
3. Years of relevant experience: Five years is preferred
4. Years of experience supervising: Two years is preferred
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: