Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Summary: The Nurse/Bed Manager coordinates and facilitates patient access to healthcare system.
Responsibilities: 1. Adds value as a key member of management understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
2. Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
3. Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
4. Facilitates movement of patients to appropriate and alternate areas / levels of care as needed.
5. Facilitates operations and support functions for patient placement allowing authorized access to appropriate levels of service with maximum throughput and minimal delay.
6. Monitors and assesses house-wide nursing staffing levels for all shifts, identifying and acting on deficiencies.
7. Collaborates with Nurse Managers, Supervisor, Nursing Director, Admissions Office, and Communications Center to address staffing or patient placement issues.
8. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates delivery of patient care on assigned units on 24-hour basis.
9. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
10. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience in bed placement management/patient throughput is preferred.
2. Experience working with all levels within a healthcare organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is required.
4. Experience in hospital staffing and scheduling preferred.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Epic software or similar EMR software is required. Experience with Kronos or similar timekeeping software preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing is required.
2. Certification: Registered Nurse licensure is required. BLS certification is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: