Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2205000761
Up to $10,000 Sign-On bonus based on experience
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Calibrates all monitoring equipment prior to the procedure to include the hemodynamic monitor oximeter, cardiac output computer, all transducers, and alignment of laser as needed, and operates the above during cardiac catheterization.
2. Prepares written data sheet with all pressures accurately calculated, including the following: Left heart pressures, right heart pressures.
3. Calculations shall also include ejection fractions, aortic and mitral valve areas and all other calculations as required or requested.
4. Assists the Cardiologist with cardiac catheterization, coronary angioplasty, peripheral angioplasty with/without laser, sones cutdown, insertion of intra-aortic balloon pump, and temporary and permanent pacemakers, and electrophysiological test.
5. Assists with the ordering of supplies and equipment, proper stocking and maintenance of cath lab as needed, to include equipment cleaning and sterilization.
6. Assists in transportation of patient to and from cath lab, and in preparation of patient and chart for cardiac catheterization or other procedures performed in cath lab.
7. Is responsible for prepping the patient, setting up sterile field, back table and all instruments and catheters used during the procedures, and making these procedures, and making these easily assessable for the physician. Also tests all equipment prior to procedure to insure proper functioning.
8. Assists in retrieval of films for hemodynamics for physicians as requested, and helps to maintain film and hemodynamic libraries properly.
9. Attends in-service and symposiums to keep updates on cardiology advancements.
10. Trains new personnel and assists or teaches in-service education.
11. Assists in preparation of cardiovascular conference.
12. Reports equipment malfunctions and obtains repair service as needed.
13. Performs related duties as requested by the technical supervisor of the cath lab.
14. Completed other duties as assigned.
High School graduate or equivalent and a minimum of two years of college preferred. Current American Heart Association BLS certification. Current American Heart Association certification in ACLS is desirable.
Preferred: Three years catheterization lab. Demonstrated proficiency in invasive cardiology procedures, registered or registry eligible by NCSPT. Proficiency in coronary angioplasty, complex coronary anatomy, and other invasive procedures and calculations included in job description.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.