Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2105043860
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Provides direct patient care under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
2. Follows CNA checklist and completes tasks assigned on the CNA Assignment Information Sheet.
3. Demonstrates accuracy when measuring and recording:
a. vital signs: temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, and pain level for assigned patients
b. Intake and output on worksheets in patients rooms (RN is responsible to Document in chart)
c. Height and weight - documenting scale type and number- as assigned
4. Demonstrates competence in performing and documenting the following patient care activities on the Graphic and ADL Flowsheet as assigned:
c. Linen changes,
d. Oral care,
Consistently performs oral care as needed. Brushes teeth and observes oral mucosa.
Removes and cleans dentures and/or partials. Provides a labeled receptacle for storage.
Checks patients regularly. Ensures food delivery and sets up trays for patient's convenience. Feeds assigned patients when necessary and considers patient's ability to chew and swallow.
g. Comfort measures.
5. Distributes drinking water routinely throughout the day as assigned and as needed.
6. Answers call lights in a timely basis.
7. Consistently uses Nurse Locator System.
8. Prepares patient's room and bed for receiving patient admission, returning surgical patient, transfer, or emergency situation
9. Orients assigned patient to his/her room on admission. Explains the operation of bed, call and emergency lights, television.
10. Takes and records on the interview portion of admission form all vital signs, height, weight, and allergies. Documents belongings on the Initial Assessment form and on the Belongings Tracking Record.
11. Follows procedures for specimen collection, labeling accurately, and timely routing to Laboratory.
12. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of universal precaution, infection control and isolation procedures. At all times adheres to policies and procedures as outlined in the Procedures Manual. Washes hands before and after patient contact.
13. Makes rounds on assigned patients, anticipates patient's needs and answers/responds to patient call lights or paging to ensure:
a. Urinals and hats are emptied every 2 hours
b. Patients have fresh water
c. Rooms are stocked with gloves, cups, straws
d. Patients are clean and comfortable
e. Rooms are organized and clean
14. Demonstrates competence in assisting RNs and physicians in medical treatments as defined by Hospital policy.
15. Assists in planning, providing and evaluating patient care as a member of the nursing team.
16. Provides patient teaching as directed by R.N.
17. Assists with pre-operative and post-operative care:
a. Position patient
b. Lifts and turns patient with proper body mechanics
c. Applies/utilizes special equipment as necessary and ambulates patient.
18. Safely transports patients to and from various areas.
19. Assumes responsibility for bagging, labeling, and routing all patient belongings with each transfer, including: glasses, dentures, clothing, etc. Documents belongings on Initial Assessment Form and on the Belongings Tracking Record.
20. Assumes responsibility for sending home all personal belongings with each discharged patient.
21. Upon discharge, strips linen, empties hats and bedside commodes, disposes of suction canister linings, and returns equipment to the dirty utility room.
22. Provides postmortem care and assists in transporting bodies to the morgue as assigned
23. Refers to R.N. or reference manuals when unfamiliar with assigned tasks or procedures.
24. Regularly identifies potential problems or areas of improvement and communicates such to R.N.
25. Regularly discusses patient care with R.N.
26. Reports and records as necessary any change observed in condition or behavior of patient; contributes to nursing care plan.
27. Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment by immediately reporting any defective equipment or other problems to the Charge Nurse.
28. Cleans equipment and prepares it for disinfection as assigned.
29. Receives inventories and stocks supplies as assigned.
30. Attends in-service education programs as assigned to learn new treatments, procedures, developmental skills, etc.
31. Employs proper techniques of body mechanics to ensure patient and staff safety at all times.
32. Recognizes the need and initiates BLS appropriately.
33. Demonstrates the ability to perform in a precise and accurate manner during a crisis and emergency situations.
34. Demonstrates efficient utilization of resources:
a. Does not overstock rooms with linen and supplies
b. Utilizes resources appropriately
35. Performs all other duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Knowledge and education necessary to obtain C.N.A. certification in the state of California; Current California C.N.A. certification Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Job: Nursing Assistants and PCA
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.