Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) -GMO (Gynecological Medical Oncology) Inpatient Service
Hours : 7am to 7:30 pm , rotating day and night rotation with weekend and holiday coverage.
We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) to provide comprehensive care to the GMO inpatient service to meet the medical and psychosocial needs of our patients, implement and evaluate standards of care, and participate in research necessary to establish exemplary, evidence-based care.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will join a team of over 900 NPs and PAs across MSK who are dedicated to delivering compassionate, expert and comprehensive cancer care to patients and families, supporting the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution and department.
- A good decision-maker, known to work at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Capable of anticipating and balancing the needs to multiple stakeholders
- An effective communicator
- Openly relatable and comfortable with diverse groups of people
- Adaptable in approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Collaborate with physicians and healthcare team members
- Provide comprehensive care to inpatient oncology patients
- Meet the medical needs of patients
- Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum
YOU HAVE: - Masters degree in Nursing with NYS NP license or Bachelors/Masters in Physician Assistant with NYS PA license
- Prescriptive privileges - A minimum of 2 years of Inpatient Medicine or related Inpatient Clinical Experience - Related national certification required
Internal Number: 2021-50627
About Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.