MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Nurse Manager, delivers specialized nursing care in the Wound Care, MS, Pediatrics, OB/Gyn, sexually transmitted disease, EMG Lab, Medical Clinics, and others as assigned. Collaborates with the nursing and medical staffs and other professionals in the assessment and treatment of patients of all ages. Coordinates Clinic activities with those of other departments involved in patient care. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonate; Infancy; Toddler; Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Clinical Practice: Monitors and directs all Clinic activities, including direct patient care, coordination of activities with other Hospital departments, patient and staff education, and interaction between the Clinic and outside agencies/groups. Performs nursing assessments on all patients seen. Notes vital signs and health history; conducts routine screening procedures as appropriate. Administers medications and performs treatment as ordered according to established protocols. Collaborates with and assists physicians in examinations and in reaching diagnoses and developing treatment plans. Prepares patient and examination room and equipment, and explains procedures to patients. Reviews medical records and results of diagnostic procedures and develops and implements care plans. Coordinates care with other Hospital departments and outside agencies and physicians. Triages patients phoning or presenting themselves to the Clinic; determines need to be seen immediately or intervenes in crisis situations and makes appropriate referrals. Coordinates Clinic activity through arranging initial and follow-up appointments, treatments, and referrals. Notes and follows up on appointments missed by patients. Monitors the level of equipment and supplies needed for smooth Clinic operation. Initiates requisitions to maintain an appropriate inventory level.
2. Leadership: Orients Hospital personnel to the Clinic and its functions, and familiarizes assisting staff members and volunteers with their specific duties. May give general work direction to other Clinic staff members. Evaluates the effectiveness of care delivered through the use of appropriate quality assurance monitors and initiates appropriate interventions.
3. Documentation: Ensures adherence to all requirements by various outside agencies and regulatory bodies; completes or directs the completion of various required reports. Maintains appropriate records and logs needed for reporting purposes in an up-to-date and accurate fashion.. Assists Nurse Manager in maintaining and updating policies and procedures. Maintains statistical records in order to track trends and analyze pertinent data. May also participate in research activities.
4. Communication: Works with community resources agencies and other Hospital departments in identifying patient support and home care resources to assist patients in coping with their medical conditions. Maintains contact with Clinic patients who are hospitalized.
5. Education: Educates patients in general and specific matters related to their current health status. Encourages full patient understanding of and participation in treatment plans and expected outcomes. Seeks out and evaluates materials to provide support for the patient education process. Provides support and guidance for family members and significant others as well. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of appropriate nursing skills and technology pertinent to area of expertise and all aspects of ambulatory care.
WORKING CONDITIONS: 1. Patient care environment. Exposure to patient elements.
2. Prolonged standing and walking, sitting, some moderate to heavy lifting and turning of patients or equipment. Repeated bending and stooping.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS: 1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of an Associateâ��s Degree in nursing. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
2. Two to three years of experience in nursing in the specialty area to which the nurse is assigned.
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105010094
About MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.