Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
As the gateway to Arizona's dramatic high country, Payson offers four-season recreation. This land, where the Ponderosa Pine forest meets desert canyon country, offers sparkling lakes, and scenic mountains. Ride horses in the morning and fly-fish in the afternoon, and once the first snow falls, strap on your skis and find a trail for cross-country skiing.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist at Banner Payson Medical Center, you will help with providing respiratory care in our inpatient and outpatient settings. You'll provide care to patients of all ages, and work closely with the care team to provide excellent care to our patients. This is a full-time position at 36 hours a week,. You would be working the day shift with a rotating share of weekend and holiday coverage. If you're wanting to join the team providing a wide range of care, this role is for you - apply today! .
Banner Payson Medical Center is the largest community health care provider in Arizona's Rim Country and remains committed to making a difference in people's lives by providing the highest quality of care to the residents of Payson and the many surrounding communities. A full-service health care facility, the 24 bed hospital offers extensive services including cardiopulmonary/respiratory, emergency, intensive care, imaging, labor and delivery, laboratory, surgery and rehabilitation. Banner Payson Medical Center also offers an array of outpatient services and specialty clinics including OB/GYN, urology and podiatry surgery, general and orthopedic surgery, family medicine, outpatient imaging, bone densitometry, diagnostic x-rays, ultrasound, mammography, nuclear medicine, nuclear cardiac stress testing, CT scans, MRI, pulmonary function testing, EEG, infusion center, plus rehabilitation therapies.
POSITION SUMMARY This position independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs all basic modalities of respiratory care as prescribed by physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
2. Applies and manages mechanical ventilators in collaboration with physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners, recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort and to expedite the weaning process.
3. Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the applications of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in the delivery of respiratory care as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
4. Performs pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
5. Performs patient assessments and evaluates patient response to care provided, making recommendations to physicians regarding the plan of care, appropriate use of respiratory therapy and modification of therapy as clinical condition changes. Documents therapy provided in an accurate and complete manner in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
6. Communicates and collaborates with resource staff in formulating care plans, recommendations for change in therapy and identification/resolution of problems.
7. May supervise department staff.
8. Independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings. May be assigned to a variety of areas throughout the system where respiratory care is needed. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physicians and their office staff, payers, community agencies and regulatory agencies.
Associate or technical degree.
Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). RRT required for all new hires to the position after October 1, 2015. Incumbents in the position as of October 1, 2015 must possess their RRT by October 1, 2017. A current license in state practiced as required by state law. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. In Home Care setting, must posses valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment as typically obtained through one year of clinical experience. Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.