An important piece to delivering exceptional patient care falls on medical imaging, the team that helps with detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities. Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
Join the team at Banner Desert Medical Center and be part of our amazing team of professionals. Our state of the art Level 1 trauma facility and Medical Imaging department specializes in high level care to patients with multiple complex diseases. As one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals we are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. Staff are committed to delivering professional, compassionate care at all patient touch points throughout their stay. In this position, you will be providing amazing patient support to our CT department. BLS and national/state CT certification is required. Prior hospital experience is highly preferred.
This is a part time (20 hours/week), day shift/weekend position.
Saturday-Sunday 7:00am-5:30pm . Holiday call with monthly call rotation of 2-3 times a month.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board. (NMTCB)
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required within 18 months of hire if applicable. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.