Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner Desert Medical Center/Cardon Children's Medical Center Main Surgery Department has 24 Operating Rooms, which includes 3 trauma rooms, 6 pediatric rooms, 1 cysto suite, 4 minimally invasive and 3 robotic rooms. BDMC/CCMC offers a full range of surgical specialties, including Peds Cardiovascular and Adult and Peds Trauma, Urology, Orthopedics, General, Gynecology, Neurology, ENT, Plastics and Robotics. We are a fast paced OR, performing high acuity cases. In 2017, BDMC/CCMC Main Surgery Department performed over 21,000 surgeries. Adult cardiovascular, Labor & Delivery and Endoscopy Services are covered by separate department
Different positions available are full-time 40 hours/week day shift of 7am- 3:30pm and 8:30am- 7pm with call, weekend, and holiday requirements. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable. In this unique, exciting environment of surgery, responsibilities are: Cleaning and turning over operating rooms between surgeries and to restock supplies, linen and fluids. Depending on the shift worked, responsibilities could include terminally cleaning the operating room. Also responsible for miscellaneous tasks such as transporting lab specimens, equipment and records. Transportation of patients and supplies may also be required. Requires BLS.
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for collection, inventory, cleaning and distribution of medical supplies and patient care equipment for the unit. This position is also responsible for miscellaneous tasks such as transporting patients and supplies, and may include transporting health records, lab specimens and equipment to other areas. This position may provide basic, hands-on, patient care as requested by supervisor.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Inventories, orders, replenishes, and disperses supplies within the department, ensuring all areas and carts are appropriately stocked and the supplies are readily accessible to the clinical staff. Assists with transportation, delivery, and pick-up of supplies, health records, lab specimens, and/or equipment. Rotates and inventories stock to ensure sterile packaging integrity and current expiration dates. Monitors utilization and recommends changes as appropriate. Maintains quality records of various department equipment, supplies, storage areas, etc.
2. Maintains unit equipment, instruments and trays in accordance with department policy. Cleans, sorts, assembles equipment, instruments and/or trays according to standard set-up and replaces in designated areas, ensuring they are readily accessible. Responsible for finding and bringing equipment or instruments for procedures, under the direction of the clinical staff. May check instruments and equipment, as assigned, to see if they need repair and liaison with technology management.
3. Maintains clean and safe work environment and discards soiled linen and trash. Completes room set-up which may include comprehensive cleaning, bed turnover and preparation of special procedure carts. Remove debris from floors, walls, equipment and other surfaces using disinfectant, damp mops etc.
4. Provides basic, hands-on, patient care as requested by supervisor, including but not limited to patient transport and ambulation.
5. May provide general support to the department, including performing administrative tasks and greeting and assisting patients, visitors, physicians, and ancillary personnel. May provide back-up support for Monitor Techs in designated departments - this will require additional specialized training provided by the department.
6. This position works under local supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the facility. Customers are patients, families, physicians, unit staff, case managers, patient service staff and medical records staff. Interacts with a wide variety of external customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
BLS certification required.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 6 months of healthcare experience. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology is required. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Unit Assistant in the specialty area.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of patient related supplies, materials, equipment and aseptic techniques are preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R27124
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.