Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. We've united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It's a lofty goal, but it's one we're committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner University Medical Center Phoenix is a level 1 Trauma, Magnet, Teaching hospital. The main operating rooms have 24 suites that include 2 Hyrbrid, 2 DaVinci rooms and MIS rooms. Specialties make working Banner University Medical Center an exciting and diverse place to challenge yourself. The specialties includes: General, Trauma, ENT, OMFS, Plastics, Ortho, Neuro, Robotics, Gyn, Urology, Ophthalmology, vascular, transplants, TAVR's, hearts, Bariatric and NICU babies. As a large and busy hospital we preform over 300 cases weekly.
Banner University Medical Center is offering an RN Services Navigator role that will provide a growth opportunity for an experienced OR RN. As an RN Services Navigator, you will work closely with the clinical manager and staff on specialty service lines. You will be a liaison with physicians, vendors to identify and prioritize specialty services. Collaborating and communicating with staff, leadership, scheduling, and ancillary department to improve clinical operations and throughput. This is an opportunity to promote and support growth of staff through precepting, mentoring and orientation. Please join us in providing safe and excellent care to our patients. This shift is full time working either five 8s from 6:30am- 3:00pm or four 10s from 6:30am- 5:00pm. There will be weekend rotations as well as call required.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position coordinates the patient and physician needs for specialty procedure based departments while providing nursing care to patients. Coordinates, plans, and directs the daily functioning of the specialty under the guidance of leadership. This position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Serves as a liaison with physicians, allied health personnel, and organizational vendors to identify and prioritize specialty service supply, instrument, and equipment needs for patient procedures. Reviews future schedule to prepare required equipment and resolve supply and equipment conflicts.
2. Coordinates oversight of quality, risk management, safety, and nursing standards and is a role model and resource for providing quality patient care and maintaining clinical competency on department.
3. Formulates and implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
4. Ensures efficient and cost-effective use of department resources by coordinating use of appropriate supplies and equipment for scheduled procedures. Participates in continuous quality improvement of their service to benefit patient and physician needs.
5. Collaborates and communicates with leadership and support staff for identification of operational and capital inventory needs. Participates in prioritization of equipment requests for budgeting purposes.
6. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting, mentoring, and orientation when appropriate. Serves as a positive, clinical role model to facilitate staff development.
7. Communicates with scheduling for clarification of unique procedures, protocols, and inventory descriptions to facilitate the scheduling process.
8. May collaborate with staff in determining par levels for automatic reordering based on scheduled procedures, historical usage, availability, and product acquisition time.
9. Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, including vendors and physician offices. Interacts with other health care providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information.
Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice. BCLS certification is required.
Must possess experience typically demonstrated through a minimum of 3 years of related clinical experience. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations. Must demonstrate commitment to professional improvement and practices to support the budgetary plan. Demonstrates critical thinking and leadership abilities. Requires strong oral and written communication skills.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Professional certification preferred. Certification may be preferred according to work assignment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R15867
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.