The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix named to list of 100 Great Hospitals in America.
We are proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as an ANCC Magnet Hospital for the third time! We are an Academic Medical teaching facility, Level 1 Trauma Center, and Designated Stroke Center. Ranked Among the Nation's Best Hospitals for: Geriatrics, Nephrology, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Urology according to US News & World Report Ranking.
As the anesthesia tech, you will be responsible for the daily handling of staff needs regarding anesthesia gas machines and anesthesia monitoring equipment and non-controlled medications. This includes, but is not limited to, stocking of the anesthesia workroom, anesthesia carts, non-controlled medications, anesthesia supply closets in each OR, preparing IVs, invasive lines, setting up the rooms, assisting with room turnovers, collection of used equipment, cleaning of equipment, and restocking. You will work collaboratively with the anesthesia providers and other OR staff.
This schedule is 40 hours per week from 8:00am- 4:30pm scheduled Monday through Friday. Call shift is required and to be discussed in the interview.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs all of the core functions of the anesthesia tech and assists leaders in coordinating work assignments of Anesthesia Techs. Assists Anesthesiologist with complex cases and performing remote anesthesia procedures. Trains and orients new anesthesia staff and physicians. Acts as a liaison between the Anesthesiologist and OR leaders and surgical staff.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs all essential functions of the Anesthesia Tech such as maintaining equipment, supply and medication inventories, preparing equipment for procedures, assisting with setup and insertion of invasive monitoring lines, catheters, temporary pacemakers and hemodynamic monitoring. Performs light maintenance on equipment and/or arranges for repairs.
2. Assists Anesthesiologist in surgery with arterial blood gases, arterial clotting times and other point of care tests. Operates the cell saver during surgical procedures. Assists with remote procedures in areas such as labor and delivery, MRI, endoscopy, ICU and treatment rooms.
3. Acts as a liaison between the Anesthesiologist and department leaders and surgical staff. Acts as the point person for communication regarding anesthesia needs, policy changes, supply issues, Anesthesiologist concerns and relays pertinent information to appropriate department staff.
4. Assists department leaders with case assignments for anesthesia staff. Oversees and coordinates coverage for anesthesia cases in the absence of the supervisor/manager. Participates in the selection of anesthesia staff and provides performance feedback when requested.
5. Trains and orients new anesthesiologist, physicians and anesthesia staff in the use of anesthesia equipment and procedures. Coordinates introduction of new supplies and facilitates educational in-services. Acts as a resource for anesthesia techs, providers, and other surgical team members by providing instruction and guidance, as appropriate.
6. Assists in developing and monitoring process improvement programs. Assists in collecting and reporting data. Develops corrective action plans as indicated. May develop protocols and resource guides to reinforce and maintain standards of care.
7. Incumbents in the position anticipate the needs of patients and anesthesia staff based on scheduled procedures, patient age and condition and are often required to listen and communicate detailed issues. Responsibilities are typically within the department but may require assisting in other areas which administer anesthesia. Internal customers are patients, anesthesiologists, nursing staff, biomedical equipment staff, and materials management staff. External customers may include practicing physicians, equipment and supply vendors.
This position requires knowledge typically acquired with completion of a High School diploma or equivalent.
Cert A.T. from the American Society of Anesthesia Technicians and Technologists. Current BLS certification is required.
This position requires two or more years of experience as an anesthesia tech and current certification from the American Society of Anesthesia Technicians and Technologists.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R18153
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.