The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Banner Children's at Banner Desert Medical Center's pediatric echo lab is a dynamic lab that provides high quality diagnostic testing for a wide variety of patients, both inpatient and outpatient, from fetal to adult congenital patients. We perform routine echocardiograms, exercise stress echocardiograms, and TEEs. We perform our TEEs in the cath lab and in the operating room. We have a close working relationship with the pediatric cardiologists, where communication is essential. We provide services to eight Banner hospitals and to all Banner Pediatric Cardiology clinics across the Phoenix valley.
As a Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer II in the pediatric echo lab you will be responsible for performing portable exams throughout the facilities we cover and clinics. You will be responsible for quickly and confidently responding to requests to perform STAT exams where the environment can be chaotic. You will have the opportunity to be involved in shared leadership and assist in departmental audits and quality projects.
Current BLS required and must have or be working towards ARDMS or CCI registry credentials. If you are committed to delivering professional, compassionate care to our pediatric patient population providing diagnostic quality imaging for the Cardiology team, this is a job for you.
Overnight call to cover STAT exams is required. Weekends and recognized holidays are covered as on-call shifts. Our lab hours are Mon-Fri 7:00am to 5:30pm.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position independently performs the most complex echocardiography studies for the diagnosis of heart disease in the pediatric population and congenital heart disease in adult patients. This position performs in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population. This position may provide these services in multiple locations as designated by department scope.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Independently performs echocardiograms on pediatric and adult patients with complex congenital heart disease utilizing department specific protocols. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient being served. May perform extra modalities such as fetal (holds registry in appropriate fetal echocardiography credential) or 3D echocardiograms.
2. Records, interrogates, quantifies, and measures both the presence of normal and abnormal anatomy or physiology in a manner consistent with approved standards. Independently produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate preliminary reports and documentation.
3. Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures. Participates in ongoing quality improvement processes including application and/or maintenance of accreditation requirements of lab.
4. Participates in the educational objectives of the pediatric echocardiography laboratory, including effectively mentoring or precepting other sonographers, students or other trainees. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
5. Demonstrates competence, at a highly proficient level, in assisting with invasive/interventional and intraoperative procedures in accordance with established practices.
6. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements and maintenance requirements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to repair or maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
7. Accountable for the ethical, legal, professional and certification responsibilities related to the practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
8. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Ability to perform daily team lead function, as assigned. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
9. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Requires national certification in the area of specialty from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer in Pediatric Echocardiography (RDCS-PE), or a Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS). BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with minimum of three years of experience in pediatric echocardiography. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Current or recent (past 12 months) experience in cardiac critical care setting as a Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R12447
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.