On April 13th, 2020 we moved to the hospital’s new North Patient Tower and unveiled an expanded level III NICU that can accommodate up to 24 infants and includes 14 private rooms. We also have 2 NICU Pods that were designed for infants who need constant observation.
Sign On/Relocation Bonus Information This Experienced RN position is eligible for a competitive Sign-On and Relocation Bonus for qualified candidates. Those entering an RN Fellowship Program are not eligible.
We are looking for an experienced NICU RN to care for our tiniest patients, as young as 28 weeks, needing specialized medical attention. Shift: FT nights.
The Inova Nurse provides:
Knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team
Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way
Incorporates differences into the provision of care
Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner
Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education
Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others
Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines
Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes
Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge
Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery
Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration
Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning
Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice
Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor
Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving IND1 #LI-CR2
Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
• Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE • Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors • Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas • Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities • All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
* At least six months of recent Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting. Two years of direct NICU nursing experience strongly preferred.
* Education: BSN or MSN. If Associates Degree RN - Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader and: • Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend • Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses • Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date • Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
* BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required.
* RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN.
* Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others.
* Proficient computer skills required.
Internal Number: 59990
About Inova Health System
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider, recognized in 2019 and 2020 by U.S. News & World Report, which named Inova Fairfax Hospital the #1 hospital in the Washington, DC region. Each of Inova’s five hospitals holds a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), distinguishing Inova as the highest-rated large health system in the U.S., and the only system to have all hospitals receive five stars. All five Inova hospitals were awarded ‘A’ grades for the spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades, recognizing Inova’s achievements in protecting patients from harm and providing safer healthcare. Inova Fairfax Medical Campus was named to the Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals list, ranking in the top 10 nationwide among Major Teaching Hospitals. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes. Ino...va is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds.