The PICU Nurse Manager for Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH) is responsible for creating and sustaining a healthy work environment for staff which fosters excellent professional nursing practice, shared decision-making, interdisciplinary teamwork and collaboration resulting in positive patient and staff outcomes. The Nurse Manager supervises all nursing and unit-based personnel in the department in order to provide a safe, caring environment for patient/family and staff. The Nurse Manager plans, develops, implements, evaluates and monitors policies/procedures, budgets, the allocation of resources, continuous quality improvement initiatives, educational programs and shared governance/shared leadership councils to achieve departmental and organizational goals and objectives and provides nursing care when necessary for age-specific patient population.
In addition, the Nurse Manager for Baylor Scott and White Health has the following responsibilities:
- Engages supervisors and staff in the development and implementation of departmental goals and objectives/strategic plan for area of responsibility.
- Identifies, plans, implements, evaluates and monitors performance improvement opportunities that promote changes in nursing practice by maintaining current knowledge in nursing research, evidence-based clinical and leadership practice, patient care delivery models and work redesign.
- Creates and sustains a compassionate, supportive, safe and therapeutic environment for patients/families and staff.
- Ensures the development of awareness by nursing staff, medical staff and there health care providers, of issues arising from individual differences.
- Advocates on behalf of the nursing staff to represent the concerns of patients, families and staff.
The ideal candidate will have strong managerial courage and a passion for patient care.
Location/Facility - Baylor Scott & White Health McLane's Children's Hospital in Temple, TX
Specialty/Department/Practice - Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 3+ Years of experience required
- Registered Nurse (RN) license required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days of hire required
Internal Number: 20005139
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!