Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Medical Assistant, Licensed MA\-C \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in the Sci Reconstructive Surgery at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Medical Assistant, Licensed MA\-C plays a vital role on the patient care team, demonstrating the Swedish values of patient\-centered care and service; respect, caring and compassion; teamwork and partnership; continuous learning and improvement; and leadership\.
In this position you will:
- Greet and room patients in the clinic setting
- Obtain vital signs and gather pertinent patient information
- Provide patient education about procedures and medications as directed
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of a certified medical assistant program
- Washington State Medical Assistant Certified or Medical Assistant Interim certification
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation \(CPR\) or ability to obtain within one month of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of one year of experience working as a medical assistant
- Computer keyboard skills
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records \(EMR\)
- Current Basic Life Support \(BLS\) certification
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 152164