Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Central Services Technician II \(1\.0 FTE, Night shift\) in Orthopedic Surgical Sterile Processing at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Central Services Technician II is responsible for all task\-based Central Services activities\. Works with and under the guidance of the Lead Central Service Technician, Central Services Coordinator, and Materials Coordinator to prioritize tasks in order to support clinical operations effectively and efficiently\. Expected to fulfill varying weekend coverage\. Expected to provide support and coverage across all Swedish campuses as needed\. May occasionally work overtime\.
In this position you will:
- Decontaminate, assembly and sterilization of surgical instruments
- Assemble and deliver surgical and interventional procedure case carts
- Receive and Distribute of Central Services supplies
- Use an electronic handheld ordering device to par, order, and replenish soft supplies in the surgical core
- Train Central Services staff
- Assign and allocate staffing resources to meet the needs of clinical operations
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of formal Central Services Technician course
- Current CRCST \(Certified Registered Central Services Tech\) or CSPDT \(Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician\) through the IAHCSMM \(International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management\)
- Experience with Surgical Instrumentation in hospital Sterile Processing/Central Services environment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Materials management and/or supply chain experience
About the First Hill Campus\.
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Surgical Services
Req ID: 148212