Florida Hospital Orlando seeks to hire a Organ Procurement Surgical Tech who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital Orlando Facility Profile:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
As the federally-designated organ procurement organization (OPO) for 10 counties in east Central Florida, TransLife works closely with hospitals and donor families to coordinate the gift of life. At the time of donation, TransLife becomes a critical link between a donor and possible recipients. Our responsibilities include the recovery, preservation and distribution of donated organs to critically ill patients. The recipients of donation are identified by the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), which manages the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network and national transplant waiting list. TransLife is dedicated to saving and improving lives through organ and tissue donation and public education, while honoring all donors and their loved ones whose generosity makes the gift of life possible.
- Call with variable and extended hours
Under general supervision, a surgical scrub technician/nurse assists with the patient care in surgery by performance of technical and other delegated duties. Functions as a member of the surgical team, as a scrub person by providing care to surgical patients of age specific groups identified in the unit standards of care (may include neonate to geriatric). Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
- BLS certification
- Basic skills and related to aseptic/ sterile technique and knowledge of surgical instrumentation (preferred)
Education & Experience Required:
- Graduate from school of surgical technology, LPN program, RN program, or completion of a military training program that includes surgical technology skills.
- Experience in the clinical setting related to area of specialty (preferred)
- SURH for 6801 – at least one year experience in orthopedics and/or trauma surgery (preferred)
License & Certification Required:
- If LPN, must have current, valid State of Florida license as a Licensed Professional Nurse. Additional surgical technician certification not required.
- CST or CORT certification. Completion of an RN training program will be accepted in place of certification.
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Performs the role of surgical scrub by anticipating the needs of the surgeon and keeping the circulating nurse informed of any needs throughout a procedure. Ensures that all supplies, equipment, and medications are assembled prior to the procedure.
- Is innovative in maintaining high standards and quality in the facilitation of cost savings and containment.
- In an efficient and organized manner, assists team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times. Directs ancillary personnel participating in room turnover. Provides assistance and support as needed to members of the surgical team.
- Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and the education of new personnel.
- Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which may endanger patients, visitors, and employees. Identifies and reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and FH policy and procedure.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand washing according to policy. Strictly adheres to all infection control practices and diligently monitors aseptic technique of the entire surgical team. Takes immediate corrective action for breaks in technique.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Supports the customer and employee satisfaction activities of the organization. Maintains good relationships with physicians, management, other departments and staff. Investigates and responds to complaints in a timely manner.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!!
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.