Tuition Assistance and/or Sign-on Bonus available, along with relocation assistance.
We are seeking a Full Time Genetic Counselor! Join our rapidly growing genetic counseling practice in Oncology at our Avera Cancer Institute.
Oncology Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with highly engaged and supportive physicians, researchers, and staff at Avera Cancer Institute, including Breast Surgeons, Gynecologic Oncologists, Medical Oncologists, Gastroenterologists, Colorectal Surgeons, and Genomic Medicine researchers
- Provide counseling, coordination of care and genetic testing for individuals and families
- Serve as an educational resource for patients, families, providers and medical staff
- Availability of cross-coverage in Maternal Fetal Medicine, if desired
- Opportunities for clinical research, if desired
Why Sioux Falls?
Looking for a balance between small-town vibe and urban opportunity? Sioux Falls, SD is a fast growing community that has this to offer! Sioux Falls offers the conveniences and entertainment opportunities of a large city with the sense of community and ease of a small town. (http://visitsiouxfalls.com/why-sioux-falls/)
Avera's focus is patient-centered care with an emphasis on compassion, kindness and empathy.
The Avera Cancer Institute is comprised of six locations connecting cancer patients across the region to the latest treatments and technology. Avera has the largest cancer care team in the region, and is on the cutting edge of treatment with the Avera Center for Precision Oncology.
Avera Medical Group-Maternal Fetal Medicine has two fellowship trained MFM Geneticists, and serves patients in a five-state region. Working with a prenatal palliative care team as well as a newly renovated Level IIB Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Avera Medical Group-MFM is there to help patients prepare and make decisions that are best for them and their pregnancy.
What Makes Avera Special
Avera Genetic Counselor Openings