Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Mission Health System in Asheville, North Carolina, is seeking independent, experienced Neonatal Nurse Practitioners to join a growing practice of 8 Neonatologists and 8 NNP’s in our 51 bed Level III NICU. Our NNP’s work a mix of 10 hour day shifts and 14 hour night shifts – always with a neonatologist in house.
Mission NICU highlights:
• The unit at Mission Children's Hospital has an average daily census of approximately 40 neonates and 800 admissions per year.
• Mission Hospital is the regional referral center for 18 counties in western North Carolina and has over 100 neonatal transports each year.
• We have an active high risk obstetrics program with a busy maternal-fetal medicine service.
• There are more than 4000 deliveries at Mission each year and more than 7500 births annually in our referral region.
• Our medical staff includes pediatric subspecialists in cardiology, genetics, hematology, surgery, neurology, orthopedics, and endocrinology.
• Mission serves as a regional medical school campus for the University of North Carolina for family medicine and obstetrical residents.
Western North Carolina is uniquely nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Here you'll find the perfect balance of welcoming, vibrant towns alive with the arts, and some of America's most celebrated destinations for pursuing a wide range of outdoor activities and enjoying the surrounding beauty. Outdoor adventures include river rafting, hiking, mountain biking, golfing, fly fishing, skiing and more. Nearby excursions include Chimney Rock State Park and Lake Lure to the south. To the west, there is Great Smoky National Park, and to the east, Mount Mitchell, the highest peak east of the Rockies. Blowing Rock and Grandfather Mountain sit to the north and are filled with natural wonders.
While Asheville retains the charm and friendliness of a medium-sized city, it boasts the amenities of a much larger city. Theater, live music, festivals, excellent restaurants, diverse populations, art galleries, cultural diversions and museums abound. Eclectic art galleries, micro-breweries and cozy cafes can be found at every turn. A food lover's paradise, culinary offerings range from traditional southern comfort food to four-star cuisine. Asheville is also home to America's largest privately-owned home, the Biltmore Estate, and the historic Grove Park Inn. Downtown Asheville is pedestrian-friendly and dog-friendly, and the city's unique skyline of art-deco style buildings are surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
This position is affiliated with Mission Hospital, a member of Mission Health System. Mission Hospital is a Level II Trauma Center licensed for 730 beds and serves as the tertiary referral center for Western North Carolina. Mission Hospital’s Heart Services was named one of the nation’s Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics in 2013. For the third consecutive year, Mission Heal...th System was named as one of the nation’s Top 15 Health Systems by Truven Health Analytics. Mission Health System also has been recognized by The Commonwealth Fund as having one of the most effective quality improvement programs in US hospitals.